Monday, August 30, 2010

Of Spirituality

I have always felt that there is more to the religions we practice. I strongly believe that the culture of a region heavily influences the religion practiced by the people. Overtime the basic doctrine of the faith remains the same but the people begin to interpret it according to their environment and it becomes so firmly embedded in the psyche of the people that attempts to question some beliefs are swiftly hushed up...
This is not to say what you or I practice is something questionable, I believe the faith that you or anybody else for that matter believes in, is none of my concern. But the need always arises when we begin to fundamentally question our purpose of existence. I feel sometimes that I need to strip myself of all my religious beliefs and experience spirituality, naturally, to know that purpose. I wonder if I wasn't trained with the doctrine that my family belongs to but rather instilled with strict ethical values and encouraged to seek ethereal knowledge by observing my surroundings i.e. nature, the stars, and enter the metaphysical world to understand the secret of life. At times, you just can't stop wondering how did all this happen-the spawning of life. It is so vast, delicate and diverse that it becomes incomprehensible.
There has to be a natural, non-religious explanation as to the cause of this creativity and I intend to find out someday...

0 comments:

Post a Comment